Lead with Expertise in Supply Chain Strategy
Kettering University’s customizable online Master of Science in Supply Chain Management provides graduates with a competitive edge, preparing them with expertise to lead, develop and manage a global supply chain and strategy.
- Make an impact right away - Our Learn Today-Use Tomorrow philosophy combines theory with practice, allowing you to apply your classroom learning directly to the job
- Develop key leadership skills in teamwork, persuasion, problem-solving, and managing the customer relationship
- Become a subject matter expert in sourcing goods and consumer delivery
- Learn purchasing and strategic procurement of products and services with a focus on contract negotiation and supplier management
- Lead the development and implementation of agile supply chain strategy solutions to support organizational growth
- – The curriculum includes your choice of one of four graduate certificates
- Increase your competitive edge – Add as few as 4 courses to add a second degree to your credentials: Choose from MBA, MS Operations Management, MS Engineering Management, or MS Lean Manufacturing
You graduate with the skills needed to establish yourself as a leader with an understanding of the global market in a variety of positions including purchasing management, logistics and consulting.
- 100% online, 40 credit-hour curriculum – 7 core courses plus your choice of one of the following 3-course graduate certificates: Global Leadership, Lean Principles for Healthcare, Operations Management, or Management & Leadership
- Two levels of Supply Chain certification are earned with this degree
- Tuition Cost – $949 per credit hour - financial aid and military benefits are available to those who qualify
- 8 starts a year – Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer
- Finish in as few as 18 months
- No GRE/GMAT required
“We employ the latest research in education to include the use of short-focused video, real-time online sessions, and assignments that offer an authentic assessment of your skills and learning as a far superior way to learn and internalize knowledge.”
Christine M. Wallace, Ph.D., M.Ed., Vice President, Kettering Global
An Unwavering Commitment to Quality
KUO is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Our dedicated faculty and staff are committed to providing quality education and shaping some of the brightest minds of tomorrow.
- #3 Best Value Colleges in Michigan by Niche - 2022
- #6 Best Regional University in the Midwest U.S. News & World Report- 2022-2023
- #12 Best Colleges for Veterans U.S. News & World Report- 2022-2023
- One of the Best 388 Colleges in the United States Princeton Review - 2023
- Silver-Status University - Veteran-Friendly Schools (VFS) program - Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency - 2022
About Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management ensures that the products and services used daily are delivered at the right place, at the right time, to the right people. A productive supply chain can help lower operational expenses and increase profit, corporate brand recognition and positive customer service experiences.
Career Outlook for Supply Chain Management
Those pursuing a career in Supply Chain Management can expect a much faster than average rate of demand at 30% between 2020 and 2030, according to the U.S. Department of Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- From 2020 to 2030, supply chain jobs are expected to increase by 56,400 in the U.S. alone, with an expected 24,500 U.S. job openings each year
- Supply Chain Director median salary in the U.S. is $105,000 and $155,000 according to the Association for Supply Chain Management 2022 Salary and Career Report
Kettering University Online – Master of Science in Data Science FAQs
What Are the Admissions Requirements?
Undergraduate degree with a background in the sciences, Data Science or Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Analytics preferred, but not required.
Supply Chain Management Degree Online - FAQs
- Undergraduate degree with 3.0 on a 4.0 grading system, or the international equivalent (85 overall grade point average on a 100-grade-point scale.) A 2.5-2.99 GPA will be considered on a provisional basis.
- Statement of Purpose
- Three Professional Letters of Recommendation (one must be from a supervisor)
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited U.S. university or an international equivalent
- Up to 8 hours of transfer credits may be available
- No GRE or GMAT is required
In addition to the Domestic requirements, International requirements also include:
- International students are required to submit educational documentation to an evaluation service such as Educational Perspectives, which is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). This will be at the expense of the student. Kettering University undergraduate students need not submit their Kettering transcripts but are required to submit transcripts from any other university.
- International applicants whose native language is not English and who have not earned a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), MELAB (offered by the University of Michigan), or complete level 112 at an approved ELS center. Please have official scores sent to Kettering University’s Office of Admissions, Code 1246. Photocopies will not be accepted.
Our minimum score requirements are:
- TOEFL: Paper-based: 550
- Computer-based: 213
- Internet-based: 79
- IELTS: Minimum Band score of 6.0
- MELAB: 76
Our knowledgeable and supportive Admissions Advisors help you understand KUO's program structure, mission, core values, and goals. They help you understand how the program you are interested in pursuing aligns with your career goals and assist you in preparing a strong file for the Admissions Committee.
Online students enrolled with KUO receive individual guidance from a Professional Advisor. KUO is committed to helping you thrive as an online student —that is why we offer support from the start of your classes until graduation, ensuring you stay connected to the university.
MS in Supply Chain Management Online – Curriculum
MS in Supply Chain Management Online - Core Courses
MS in Supply Chain Management Online – Certificate Options
The MS in Supply Chain Management Online curriculum includes 7 core courses plus your choice of one of the 3-course graduate certificates listed below.
- MGMT 679 | Leadership
- MGMT 649 | Ethics and Leadership
- BUSN 689 | Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 619 | Project Management
- MGMT 609 | Technology Management
Plus, one of the following, according to your program:
- MGMT 661 | Operations Management (non-MSOM programs)
- IME 676 | Lean Six Sigma (MSOM program only)
- IME 656 | Engineering for Healthcare Systems
- HMGT 609 | Healthcare Management
Plus, your choice of:
- SCM 610 | Foundations Supply Chain Management OR
- IME 676 | Lean Six Sigma
- MGMT 620| Business Communication and Presentation
- MGMT 621 | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Plus, your choice of:
- MGMT 622| Organized Labor and Management Relations
- MGMT 649 | Ethics and Leadership
- SCM 610 | Foundations Supply Chain Management
- SCM 611 | Collaboration Supply Chain Management
- SCM 612 | Customer Relationship Management
- SCM 613 | Supply Chain Logistics
- SCM 614 | Procurement and Risk Management
- SCM 615 | Supply Chain Planning
Earning your online Master of Science in Supply Chain Management from KUO, a global leader in STEM education, you learn from expert faculty and gain real-world skills. You become prepared for the next phase of your career with the skills needed to advance into supply chain leadership positions.
Connect with us — get your questions answered. Complete the form at the top of the page to download your program guide and schedule a time to speak with an Admissions Advisor.