- PhD, Org Management - Leadership, Capella University (2008)
- MBA, University of Maryland (2002)
- MS, Environmental Management, University of Cincinnati
- MS, Mineral Engineering, University of Alabama
- BS, Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India
Critical reflection is at the heart of being an effective teacher. Critical reflection involves constant moments of surprise, and that is an important element in re-energizing practice. Reflective practice stems from the thought that teachers are committed to understanding and developing their educational values in order to advance their practice. Reflection implies flexibility and a willingness to adapt to change.
Transformative learning is the essence of adult education. Transformative learners tend to move toward a frame of reference that is inclusive, discriminating, reflective and integrative of experience. An environment that encourages collaboration and is student centered and faculty are in a mode of sharing and learning from each other is essential for transformation. Keep the curiosity alive!!
Over twenty-five years of diverse supply chain, business systems/processes, and technical/engineering experience coupled with graduate engineering and business education. Emphasis in recent years has been on project management along with customer service, supplier development and logistics operations. Proven success at exceeding business goals by leveraging technology, process realignment, vendor management, and cost optimization. Experienced in business process reengineering and managing operational and organizational change using six sigma techniques. Have five years’ experience with regulatory agencies in developing environmental regulations and enforcement. Initial five years of career spent in operations management in the petroleum industry on offshore oil drilling rigs.
- Enterprise Program Manager, John Deere – 1999 – present
- Regional Manager, NC Dept of Environment/USEPA - 1995-1999
- Executive Engineer, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. – 1984-1989