The delivery of goods and services is becoming increasingly complex in our global economy. Earning a Supply Chain & Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) graduate certificate from Kettering University Online uniquely positions you to execute best practices in procurement, logistics, purchasing, inventory management, compliance and distribution.
Consider this scenario:
Imagine you are a supply chain manager for a large organization. You are waiting for a cargo ship filled with raw materials necessary to manufacture a variety of products. The shipment is days late. You receive a call explaining that due a sudden storm in the Atlantic the ship is stuck in port and will not arrive.
There are immediate challenges to which you must respond:
- How will you replace the raw materials?
- How will you meet production deadlines?
- How much money will this supply chain disruption cost the organization?
Supply chain professionals face many challenges such as disruptions, risk mitigation/management, and increasing global competition. Upon completing Kettering University’s Online Supply Chain & ERP graduate certificate, you have a clearer understanding of how to: minimize damage caused by supply chain disruptions, strategize and operationalize risk management procedures, and initiate cost reduction efforts. This powerful combination will drive your supply chain’s success and contribute to your organization’s competitive edge in the marketplace.
The three courses offered in the Supply Chain & ERP graduate certificate program provide both the theoretical knowledge and practical tools and techniques necessary for operating successful supply chains. Below is a sampling of course content:Designing Value in the Supply Chain
- decision-making tools necessary to design value in a global supply chain
- quantitative methods used to aid the decision-making process of demand forecasting and enterprise planning
- basic concepts used in strategy, inventory control, and value stream mapping
- evolution of ERP and best practices for its integrated approach
- core structure of ERP systems
- various ERP tools and techniques used in the supply chain industry
- conceptual framework, concepts, trends, and technologies enabling successful global supply chains
- competitive advantages, operational measures, and financial performance support necessary for the successful implementation of supply chains
- operational activities, including information systems, procurement, demand planning and forecasting, inventory management, and logistics, that support organizational goals
Enroll in the Supply Chain & Enterprise Resource Planning graduate certificate program from Kettering University Online and learn how to design value in the supply chain, increase organizational profits, and become an industry leader.