IndustryWeek has named the following 20 manufacturing facilities – and their hard-working workforces – 2015 Best Plants finalists. The winning facilities will be announced in early 2016.
North American IW Best Plants Finalists of 2015
- Applied Technical Services Corp.
- Bard Shannon Ltd.
- Batesville Chihuahua, Mexico Operations
- Camcraft Inc.
- Carrier Mexico Residential Plant A
- Carrier Transicold North America
- DeWys Manufacturing Inc.
- DePuy Synthes
- GE HealthCare Imaging Subsystems – Electric Avenue
- Hunter Douglas Fabrication
- Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
- Klein Steel Service
- L.B. Foster Threaded Products
- Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control
- MasterCraft Boat Company
- MTU Aiken Plant
- New Flyer Industries
- PAS Technologies Inc.
- Pratt & Whitney – North Berwick Parts Center
Candidate facilities were judged by a panel of IndustryWeek editors, who looked for evidence of:
- A comprehensive effort to achieve world-class manufacturing capability
- Management practices geared to motivating achievement of breakthroughs in operating performance and customer satisfaction
- Strong quality systems and results
- Employee involvement and empowerment programs that drive continuous process improvement and superior customer relationships
- A strong customer focus and effective supplier partnerships
- Appropriate use of technology, as required by changing business needs
- Flexible and/or agile production systems capable of responding quickly to customer needs and shifts in the marketplace
- A record of operational improvement, including shortened manufacturing cycle time and order-to-ship lead time, productivity improvements, inventory reductions, and profitability improvement
- Proactive environmental and safety practices
If you’re interested in gaining skills that help you achieve breakthroughs in operating performance and customer satisfaction, consider Kettering University Online’s Master of Science Operations Management program. As a student, you will master the modern operations process knowledge and business management skills needed to manage manufacturing operations on a global scale. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.