- Certified Franchise Executive, International Franchise Association (2014)
- DBA, Leadership, Baker College of Graduate Studies (2013)
- Certificate in Online Instruction, Central Michigan University (2012)
- MSA, Human Resources Administration, Central Michigan University (2009)
- BA, Community Leisure Services Administration, Central Michigan University (2007)
My philosophy of teaching is shaped by relevant scholarship and the lessons I have learned through both my successes and failures in roles as a student, professional and academician. I believe that student-centered teaching promotes learning that is both purposeful and enduring. As a facilitator of learning, it is my responsibility to create a learning environment that fosters true learning and personal reflection. It is also my responsibility to facilitate rich and spirited discourse and to create an environment that is ripe with active engagement.
I am currently employed full-time as a franchise field consultant for Kumon North America, the North American division of Kumon. I work with Kumon franchise owners in southeast Michigan and northeast Ohio since joining the organization in 2012. Prior to joining Kumon, I worked as a franchise zone manager for Little Caesars Enterprises. Although I was assigned to geographic regions spanning from southeast Michigan to upstate New York, I assisted franchisees in opening locations in major cities across the United States.